Carthage’s public works department has sent out the guidelines for how residents can take advantage of the annual fall leaf collection service.
Each year, city crews scour the streets of Carthage with a truck-mounted leaf vacuum cleaning up the leaves residents rake to the curb.
This year, crews will be out on the streets from Nov. 1-Dec. 31.
Here are the guidelines for the program.
• Call us at 417-237-7020 to be placed on our list for Leaf Pickup when you have your leaves ready for removal.
• Before you call us, please place your leaves in a narrow pile or row, in the grassy area between the sidewalk and the curb (NO ALLEYS). If your area is without curbs, place leaves within five (5) feet of the street.
• Please do not rake leaves into the street, also, avoid raking leaves into drainage ditches and swales.
• Do not place leaves in cans or in plastic/paper bag. Only loose leaves will be collected.
• Keep parked vehicles 15 feet each way from your pile to allow us to pickup. We will not return to leaf piles that are passed over due to vehicle obstruction.
• If your leaves are not collected immediately please be patient. We will maintain collection order all week, despite inclement weather or unforeseen delays.
• Leaf collection areas should be free of oil waste, chemical contaminants, tree limbs, cans, rocks, bricks, garbage, or any other foreign objects and substances.