The Carthage Caring Communities Coalition is gearing up for several upcoming events.
• The Alliance of Southwest Missouri, Carthage Caring Communities Coalition and Arvest Bank will hold the Children's Day Festival in Central Park on Saturday, Sept. 22. The event will be from 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m., with games, fellowship and sharing of cultures.
• Teen Scene, a youth program with the Fair Acres Family YMCA, is currently seeking a group leader. An opportune time to meet the local teens would be the group's upcoming drug-free RAVE event, slated Sept. 29 at the Y. For more information on this, call 358-1070.
• Carthage In Action (CIA) which is a youth group under the guidance of the Alliance Southwest Missouri, will be participating in a local school district-versus-school district seat belt contest Oct. 2 at the high school.
Also, during the last home football game, CIA will host a car bash Oct. 19 at K.E. Baker Stadium.
• In a supportive role, the Alliance of Southwest Missouri will be attending the Parents As Teachers upcoming event of the Teen Pregnancy and Parenting Forum, slated 7 p.m. Nov. 1 at the R-9 Auditorium.
• The next Carthage Caring Communities meeting is set for noon Oct. 15 at the Fairview Christian Church.