The class of 2012 will take their moment in the spotlight on Tuesday with Commencement services at K.E. Baker Stadium.
With a weather forecast that calls for sunny skies and possibly cool temperatures, Carthage High School Principal Kandy Frazier is looking forward to the first outdoor graduation ceremony in two years.
“We’re really hoping,” Frazier said. “The last two years we’ve moved it indoors, so we’re hoping for good weather.”
Frazier had a few tips and instructions for people attending tonight’s graduation ceremonies.
• Seniors should be at K.E. Baker Stadium by 6:45 p.m. and the ceremony starts at 7:30 p.m.
• The visitors side of the stadium, on 13th Street, will be closed and those entrances reserved for the seniors themselves.
• Both entrances on the home side of the field will be for family and friends attending graduation.
• Frazier said seating for the ceremony is open; no tickets are required.
• Expect a packed house.
• Please respect the handicapped ramps and seating and leave those for handicapped individuals.
For the seniors of the class of 2012, the day began early with a senior breakfast and senior class picture at 7:30 a.m. Tuesday.
The seniors also took part in what has become a tradition since moving to the new school in 2009, the senior walk. Seniors line up two by two and marched through the school this morning to the applause of the staff and underclassmen.
Seniors then gathered at K.E. Baker Stadium to rehearse before the big event.